Senior Administrator (Columbus, OH or Toledo, OH)
Working in the firm's Recordkeeping & Administration Practice providing daily administration for client 401(k) plans:
• Manage meaningful client relationships and expectations. Develop a thorough understanding of their plan
document specifics and proactively anticipate their needs, serving as point person between all parties on
plan related matters.
• Learn and understand the technical rules that govern plans to ensure compliance with ERISA and the plan
• Proactively consult with clients on matters relative to the operation of their plan's procedures and
documentation, project deadlines, issues and legislative updates.
• Answer client, participant, and Administrator questions. Communicate with coworkers, trustees and clients
to resolve issues.
• Understand how technology (SRT, database, etc.) works in order to assist Administrators with
troubleshooting and problem-solving.
• Handle loan maintenance fees, process RMD's, approve trades prepared by Administrators and prepare
valuations and participant statements for retirement plans.
• Completion of compliance testing and preparation of governmental forms (5500, 5558, 5330, 1099 and
• Review and approve client billing detail for administration work identifying areas for improved efficiency and
non-routine charges. Understand and manage profitability.
• Contribute to Firm and Practice profitability by meeting or exceeding assigned realization/utilization goals.
• Other duties as required.
• Intermediate knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and in use of required processing software/systems.
• Capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines with the highest degree of accuracy.
• Detail-oriented with strong organization and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently while also exhibiting a strong team approach to managing and developing
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related area
Findley Davies is an independent consulting firm and trusted business partner. With offices in Cleveland, Columbus, and Toledo, OH; Nashville, TN, Chicago, IL, Louisville, KY and Jackson, MS, our over 150 consultants and administrators help clients make critical decisions that will align their human resources strategy with organizational objectives. We provide strategic counsel to help navigate the changing benefits landscape and successfully manage workforce issues. At a time when doing more with less is the new normal, we provide advice and administrative power and act as a true extension of our client's team.