Areas of Expertise
- Performance-based Variable Exectuive Compensation
- Flexible Benefits Desing & Implmentation
- Vendor Searches
- Plan Compliance
- Plan Documentation
- Retirement Plan Benchmarking
- Fiduciary Assessments
- Operational Compliance
- Coordinated Retirement Prgram Studies
1660 West Second Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
Connect on LinkedIn
Print Sheila's Profile
Print Sheila's Publications
Senior Consultant, Technical Resources
Sheila Ninneman, J.D., is a Senior Consultant and member of the Technical Resources Practice Group at Findley Davies. Prior to joining Findley Davies, Sheila was a member of the employee benefits and executive compensation practice group of a national law firm headquartered in Cleveland.
Sheila advises firm clients on all areas of employee benefits and executive compensation compliance with significant experience in implementing, amending and restating tax-qualified plans, and providing counsel regarding their day-to-day administration. Her experience includes the termination and mergers of tax-qualified plans and advising clients on fiduciary compliance, IRS and DOL plan audits, and correction of operational and documentation errors in submissions under federal correction programs. With respect to welfare benefit plan compliance, Sheila provides employers with advice on matters arising under the ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, as well as wellness plan design.
Sheila assists employers on merger and acquisition employee benefits issues by performing due diligence and providing advice on purchase agreement provisions that affect employee benefits and executive compensation. Her executive compensation experience spans nonqualified plan design, employment agreements, severance agreements and general compliance issues arising under Internal Revenue Code Section 409A.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio - J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio - B.A., cum laude
Professional and Community Involvement
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Volunteer
What's Your Passion?
After my daughters, our adopted animals, our seven acres, meditation and yoga, my passion is writing poetry, essays and journal entries.
Publications and Presentations
- May 3, 2017 - BeneftsLink - "Employee Benefits under the New Administration"
- March 15, 2017 - BenefitsLink - "The 2017 Operational Compliance List - A Promised Tool from the IRS"
- April 28, 2016 - BenefitsLink - "DOL New Fiduciary Regulations: Action Items for the Next Year"
- February 19, 2016 - BenefitsLink - "Leap Day Deadline Looms - Creditable Coverage Disclosures to CMS"
- February 4, 2016 - BenefitsLink - "The Supreme Court Reaffirms That Plaintiffs in ERISA Stock Drop Cases Have Two Big Hurdles"