Areas of Expertise
- Employee Benefits Consulting
- Retirement Consulting
- Strategic Planning
- De-risking Strategy
- Plan Terminations
- Actuarial Systems
- Actuarial Consulting
1660 West Second Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
Connect on LinkedIn
Print Matt's Profile
Matt is a practice leader with the Actuarial Services Practice, writing and presenting several articles over the years on evolving pension strategies. Matt also authors our monthly Pension Indicator which tracks the impact of corporate bond yields and stock market performance on the funded levels of pension plans and can be found at www.pensionindicator.com.
With over eighteen years of experience, Matt is a key relationship manager for several firm clients.
Matt is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries, and an Enrolled Actuary.
- Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH ― MA
- Ashland University, Ashland, OH ― BS, Mathematics, Magna Cum Laude
Professional and Community Involvement
- Middleburg Early Education Center, Board Member, 2011, Board Chair, 2014 to present
- Lorain County Special Needs Resource Day, Coordinator
What's Your Passion?
As a parent of a child with autism, I have a passion for identifying and assisting others to seek early intervention and maximize results.
Publications and Presentations
- Eureka! A Next Generation Retirement Plan Design, webcast, 2017
- Managing PBGC Premiums: There is More Than One Lever, article, 2017,
- The Future of Retirement Plans: Variable Benefit Plans, white paper, 2016
- Headlines About Decreased Pension Plan Termination Shortfall Are Misleading, Benefitslink, 2015
- Defined Benefits Plan Audits –The Role of the Actuary and the Actuary’s Report, OSCPA Conference, 2013