Areas of Expertise
- Employee Benefits Consulting
- Retirement Consulting
- Strategic Planning
- De-risking Strategy
- Plan Terminations
- Actuarial Systems
- Actuarial Consulting
1300 East Ninth St.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Connect on LinkedIn
Print Matt's Profile
Matt is a practice leader with the Actuarial Services Practice, writing and presenting several articles over the years on evolving pension strategies. Matt also authors our monthly Pension Indicator which tracks the impact of corporate bond yields and stock market performance on the funded levels of pension plans.
With over fifteen years of experience, Matt is a key relationship manager for several Findley Davies' clients.
Matt is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries, and an Enrolled Actuary.
- Ashland University - B.S., Mathematics, Magna Cum Laude
- Bowling Green State University -M.A.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Middleburg Early Education Center, Board Member, 2011, Board Chair, 2014 to present
- Lorain County Special Needs Resource Day, Coordinator
What's Your Passion?
As a parent of a child with autism, I have a passion for identifying and assisting others to seek early intervention and maximize results.
Publications and Presentations
- Headlines about Decreased Pension Plan Termination Shortfall Are Misleading, BenefitsLinke, 2015
- Pension Plan De-risking & Terminated Vested Buyouts: Why Now?, webcast, 2014
- Pension Funding Stabilization, webcast, 2012
- Defined Benefits Plan Audits –The Role of the Actuary and the Actuary's Report, OSCPA Conference, 2013
- Everything You Wanted to Know About an Actuarial Report (But Were Afraid to Ask), OSCPA Conference, 2012
- 2012 Pension Plan Review, webcast, 2011