Areas of Expertise
- Employee Benefits
- Retirement Consulting
- Defined Benefit Plans
- Pension Administration
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Plan Administration
- Plan Compliance
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- Project Management
800 Green Valley Rd.,
Greensboro, NC 27408
Connect on LinkedIn
Print Lisa's Profile
Lisa Tomlin is a Senior Consultant in the Defined Benefit Administration Practice with more than 20 years' experience. Prior to joining Findley Davies, Lisa was with an in-house benefits consulting group for a multi-national corporation, overseeing the plan administration of several large and complex retirement plans. Her experience also includes project management for several data conversions related to plan mergers and divestitures.
Lisa works with clients and their legal counsel, helping to ensure compliance with the provisions of their plan(s) as well as with applicable government regulations. Lisa is a technical resource for the plan administration teams and also works with team members during client conversions helping to set up and implement testing and preparing plan administration requirements.
Lisa is a Certified Public Accountant and has been a member of The North Carolina Association of CPAs since 1993.
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro, North Carolina ― B.S., Accounting, Summa Cum Laude
Professional and Community Involvement
- Habitat for Humanity, 2009 to present
- Carolina Society of Certified Employee Benefits Specialists, 2012 to present
What's Your Passion?
I enjoy all manner of outdoor activities. I also love to travel.
Publications and Presentations
- Death Benefits: What Does Your Plan Document Say? Or Not Say?, BenefitsLink, 2015
- Ensuring Retirement Plan Compliance With an Annual Plan Review, Viewpoint, 2011
- Beyond the Audit - Has Your Plan Had a Check-Up Lately?, NCACPA Networking Luncheon presentation, 2013
- Cash Balance Plans and Late Retirement Adjustments: Are They Required?, Viewpoint, 2013
- Paying Death Benefits to Beneficiaries, Viewpoint, 2014