Areas of Expertise
- Executive Compensation
- Performance-based Variable Compensation
- Long-term Equity Compensation
- Phantom Stock
Toledo, Ohio 43604
Connect on LinkedIn
Print Marc's Profile
Principal and Compensation & Rewards Practice Leader
Marc Stockwell is a Principal and Findley Davies' Compensation and Rewards Practice Leader who joined the firm in 1989. His responsibilities include a firm-wide leadership role in designing and implementation of compensation plans for a wide range of clients. Marc has extensive experience consulting with closely held companies with particular emphasis on management compensation and retirement planning issues.
Examples of client projects in which Marc has been involved include:
• Design and implementation of a long-term incentive plan for a diversified publicly held company, including a new stock appreciation rights plan;
• Total compensation review and compensation strategy development, followed by short- and long-term plan design for a privately held company;
• Development of a phantom stock plan for a closely held services business including analysis under new IRC Section 409A;
• Design and implementation of a Board of Directors compensation plan for a publicly held company; and
• Assistance with the development of a salary administration plan for a financial institution.
Marc was a licensed Certified Public Accountant, now inactive he remains a member of the AICPA.
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio - B.S., Accounting
Professional and Community Involvement
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Toledo, Life Member of the Board, Past President, 1990 to present
- Toledo Marathon Classic, Founder and Board Member, 1984 to present
- Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board and Executive Committee Member, 2011 to present
- Toledo Zoological Society, Board of Directors, 2015 to present
- Valentine Theatre, Board, Executive Committee Member and Treasurer, 2005 to present
What's Your Passion?
I enjoy golfing, travel, hunting birds, music, and taking in a show at the local theatre.