Areas of Expertise
- Executive Compensation
- Performance-based Variable Compensation
- Long-term Equity Compensation
- Phantom Stock
Toledo, Ohio 43604
Connect on LinkedIn
Print Marc's Profile
Principal and Compensation & Rewards Practice Leader
Marc Stockwell is a Principal and Findley Davies' Compensation and Rewards Practice Leader who joined the firm in 1989. His responsibilities include a firm-wide leadership role in designing and implementation of compensation plans for a wide range of clients. Marc has extensive experience consulting with closely-held companies with particular emphasis on management compensation and retirement planning issues.
Examples of client projects in which Marc has been involved include:
• Design and implementation of a long-term incentive plan for a diversified publicly-held company, including a new stock appreciation rights plan;
• Total compensation review and compensation strategy development, followed by short- and long-term plan design for a privately-held company;
• Development of a phantom stock plan for a closely-held services business including analysis under new IRC Section 409A;
• Design and implementation of a Board of Directors compensation plan for a publicly-held company; and
• Assistance with the development of a salary administration plan for a financial institution.
Marc was a licensed Certified Public Accountant, now inactive he remains a member of the AICPA.
- The Ohio State University, B.S., Accounting
Professional and Community Involvement
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Toledo, Life Member of the Board, Past President, 1990 to present
- Toledo Marathon Classic, Founder and Board Member, 1984 to present
- Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board and Executive Committee Member, 2011 to present
- Toledo Zoological Society, Board of Directors, 2015 to present
- Valentine Theatre, Board, Executive Committee Member and Treasurer, 2005 to present
What's Your Passion?
I enjoy golfing, travel, hunting birds, music, and taking in a show at the local theatre.