Areas of Expertise
- Compensation and Incentive Plan Design
- Executive Compensation
- Sales Force Compensation
- Change Management Strategy
- Performance Management
Toledo, Ohio 43604
Connect on LinkedIn
Print Thomas' Profile
Tom Hurley is a Principal in the Findley Davies' Compensation and Rewards Practice. Prior to joining the firm, Tom was an audit manager in the Boston, Massachusetts office of a large international accounting firm.
Tom serves in a client management capacity for a multitude of compensation and benefits projects for clients of all sizes. He helps clients develop solutions to ensure alignment between organizational objectives and their compensation and benefits programs. Tom's consulting work is focused on broad-based and executive compensation planning and design, and sales incentive plan effectiveness.
Prior to his consulting capacity with the firm, Tom served as Chief Operating Officer responsible for the execution of the firm's business plan and overall management of the firm's human resources, finances, information systems, and support operations.
Tom became a Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants in 1996 and a Member of the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants in 2000.
- Harvard University, B.A., Economics
Professional and Community Involvement
- Junior Achievement of Northwest Ohio, Board Member, 2008 to present
- The Public Broadcasting Foundation of Northwest Ohio, Audit Committee Member, 2006 to present
- Financial Executives International, 2000 to present
- YMCA of Greater Toledo, Compensation Committee Member, 2015 to present
What's Your Passion?
Spending time with family and attending sporting events.
Publications and Presentations
- Six Key Sales Performance Indicators, Viewpoint Article, 2015
- Compensation Trends and Strategies for Community Banks, Ohio Banker's League, 2014
- Pay for Performance, SHRM Chapter located in Southeast Ohio, 2014
- Creative Compensation Strategies for Family Businesses, Conway Family Business Center HR Roundtable Presenter, 2014